NOTICE: Due to new Park Office construction, all business will be conducted from the Golf Course Clubhouse. For information, please call the clubhouse at 912-557-7745. This construction project will be during the months of December 2016–May 2017.
This southeast Georgia park is a favorite for picnicking, family reunions and golf. Picnic tables and shelters surround a small lake where visitors can rent aquacycles and fishing boats during warmer months. Docks are available for anglers, and children will enjoy looking for beaver dams from the observation deck. Eight rental cottages face the golf course, all with screened porches, fireplaces and televisions.
Gordonia-Alatamaha’s unusual name comes from the rare Gordonia tree and the original spelling of the nearby Altamaha River. The Gordonia alatamaha tree, better known today as Franklinia, is a member of the Camellia family that once grew in the Coastal Plain of Georgia. It is shrouded in mystery as it was discovered by the famous botanist explorer William Bartram and was last documented in the wild in 1803.
The park’s Brazell’s Creek Golf Course offers a pro shop and junior/senior discounts. The course was expanded to 18 holes a few years ago, making it a challenging—yet fun—test of golf. The Par 71 layout plays to just under 7,000 yards from the tips, boasting five sets of tees. The signature 17th hole is a 207-yard Par 3, which plays over scenic wetlands to a large island green. A 1,500-yard winding bridge connects the original holes with the back nine.
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
7 a.m.–10 p.m.
8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Splash Pad Season & Hours:
Spring–End of September
10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Available for party rentals from 6 p.m.–8 p.m.
Splash Pad/Picnic Shelter #3
Accommodations & Facilities:
• 662 Acres
• 8 Cottages — #2 is dog friendly ($50/dog, max 2)
• 27 Campsites
• 4 Picnic Shelters
• Group Shelter (seats 80)
• 18-Hole Brazell's Creek Golf Course & Pro Shop
• 12-Acre Lake
Available in the park office & golf course clubhouse
Things To Do & See:
• Splash Pad (free admission)
• First Time Camper Program
• Miniature Golf (fee)
• Stand-Up Paddleboard, Kayak & Aquacycle Rental
• Boat Rental — private boats permitted; electric motors only
• Outdoor Fitness Workout Equipment
• 1-Mile Nature Trail
• Weddings — park approval required
• Center for Wildlife Education
• Fort Stewart Military Reservation
• George L. Smith State Park
• Little Ocmulgee State Park & Lodge
• Statesboro, Georgia
• Wallace Adams Golf Course at Little Ocmulgee